Thursday, October 22, 2009

Warm Fuzzies

Today we received our first letter from the Compassion International child we sponsor, Jenssy. Since she's only four years old, a teacher where she lives in Nicaragua helped her to write the letter, and then Compassion translated it for us. Jenssy was full of questions for us, such as whether we have any children of our own, and she even drew a picture for us, which I've already given its place of honor on the refrigerator. I can't even begin to describe what I felt when I opened that envelope and unfolded the colorful picture inside, so reflective of a child's innocence and wonder. I can't wait to write back and send her a Colorado postcard and some family photos (with Max included, of course!). I am convinced that sponsoring a child through Compassion is one of the best decisions that Aaron and I have made, and we look forward to watching her grow.

1 comments:

Sue said...

This is a great thing you're doing.

Search This Blog

Subscribe Now