Thursday, March 19, 2009

March Madness

I've never cared much about sports, although falling in love with an athletic guy has increased my interest level quite a bit. One sport I have always really enjoyed, however, is basketball, and while attending U of A I developed an interest in college basketball in particular. (Who couldn't love watching Arizona's games? Well, most of them, at least...) What I like about basketball is that I can actually follow what is going on (unlike with football), and the game is fast-paced enough to keep my attention (unlike baseball, golf, etc.). My husband says I'll grow to like the other sports more as I learn the intricacies of the games, but we'll see! Anyway, last year, I teamed up with a colleague at work to participate in a March Madness bracket pool, but I didn't have much of an idea about what I was doing because I had pretty much only watched Arizona games. This year, however, I've tried to make it a point to watch other teams' games and highlights when I've had the time. I teamed up with the same colleague again on a bracket for a work pool, but I also completed my own bracket for the first time - and without any input from Aaron, at that! So far, five of seven of my first-round picks have been victorious (Butler and Cal let me down). Is that good? I have no idea. At the very least, I figure that 5/7 in school is passing, so I can be somewhat proud of myself, right?

I'm very excited to watch all the upcoming games that I can! Most importantly, make sure to tune in for Arizona's faceoff with Utah tomorrow evening at 5:10 pm MDT (4:10 for you lucky Arizonans who do not observe daylight savings time!) on CBS. I, for one, intend to be planted in front of the television eating corndogs and drinking margaritas (a tradition my husband and I have for watching Arizona games). I will probably be on the phone with Aaron also, giving him the play-by-play as he makes the drive here from CO to visit Max and me before he finishes out the last two weeks of his clinical rotation. While I'd like to say that Arizona will spank Utah, I actually think they'll give us a pretty good game, and of course I'll be pulling for Arizona all the way!

My Final Four Prediction: Wake Forest, Memphis, Pittsburgh, North Carolina
My Prediction for Champion: North Carolina (as much as it pains me to say it! not a fan of UNC or Duke...)

0 comments:

Search This Blog

Subscribe Now