Monday, November 3, 2008

We did it!

Max & I finished our very first 5K yesterday -- and we didn't place last! Woohoo. Our official time was 33:10; we placed 112th. Yes, it's a pretty slow time, but considering the chaos and the huge hill we had to climb at the beginning of the course, we're pretty proud. I'm just happy we finished, and injury-free at that!


What I learned for next time:
(1) Don't wear black if it's a sunny day. (I don't know what I was thinking!)
(2) Don't stop at the water stations -- it's too time-consuming (especially with a very social dog by your side).
(3) Race etiquette is unique. (For example: Apparently, you don't have to throw your water cup in the trash can; it's not rude to drop it on the ground and keep running. Who knew?!)

Special thanks to my mom & mom-in-law for helping us raise $70 for AHANM. You're the best!





1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Christina, just thought I'd stop by Alf gave me the link to your blog. I love it. I will be doing my first 5K this Saturday! Woo hoo. I am totally prepared to come in last but am still totally stoked. Anyway hope all is well and GOOD JOB crossing the finish line!

April

Search This Blog

Subscribe Now