Friday, November 21, 2008

Grey's Anatomy Gossip

On Saturday, when I visited Lisa at the Blue Door Salon for a trim, the topic of the day was Grey's Anatomy. Despite my crazy-busy schedule, I always make sure to carve out an hour for Grey's every Thursday night (well, and also the CBS Monday night lineup -- I'm particularly hooked on How I Met Your Mother!). Anyway, I have been particularly frustrated with recent story developments surrounding Izzie's love life. I mean, just as Alex is finally starting to get his act together, Denny reappears?! WHY? The current Grey's gossip at my salon is that Izzie's recent encounters with Denny are symptoms of a brain tumor and that this is the show's way of allowing Katherine Heigl to gracefully exit in order to pursue more acting in movies. I guess that makes sense, and I would much rather that be the case than to watch the show take a strange sci-fi turn. I am not sure the show would be able to retain its slot in my weekly schedule if ghosts and such become a regular plot element. Another girl at the salon shared her prediction that Meredith will discover, through reading her mother's stacks of diaries, that the Chief is actually her father. I think that theory is pretty far-fetched, but the Grey's writers do have a way of always keeping us guessing, don't they? What direction do you think the story will take next?

0 comments:

Search This Blog

Subscribe Now